Monday, May 01, 2006

 

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED DAY !!

Today is a national holday and I could not let it pass by without a comment.
Several months ago I decided that due some reaction to my postings I would quit writing about politics and the radical right. It really kind of took my heart out the blog..
However I could not make myself stay away from the computer on this special holiday.

This is the third anniversary of Mission Accomplished Day in Iraq.

On this day George W Bush announced"My fellow Americans, Major combat operations in Iraq have ended."

This is such a special day, Iraq is now free, we are welcome heros in the middle east. .
The weapons of mass destruction were all accounted for and were destroyed.!
It is so tranquil there now.


Yeah,Right!!!... in actuality:
38,861 Iraqai civilians have died in Iraq
2401 Americans have died as of May 1st
17467 Americans were injured and
209 coalition soldiers have died.
And look at the counter on left side of this blog for the financial cost.

This is all since the war ended.!

see the charts @http://www.ac.wwu.edu/~stephan/USfatalities.html
CNN has a good special report dated today at http://edition.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/01/iraq.poll/

I am so glad that we have such a wonderful leader in America!
"The Decider".

This is the same leader who with his do nothing congress has allowed the oil companies to make windfall record profits on the backs of the American Middle Class.
Now he wants to give each taxpayer a $100. tax rebate.
But that money not coming from the excessive profits of the oil companies who should have to pay an excessive profits tax.

That money he wants to give you is YOUR money!

He doesn't have the extra cash required. He is giving it to you out of your future taxes!
Next year you will have to pay it back. It's a grandstranding b.s plan which is only designed to fool the masses into thinking he is giving them something!
When the Democrats wanted to tax the oil companies for their excessive
taxes the Republicans would not allow it to even be debated!

George has a 30% approval rating! 30%!
Thats amazing. I guess it proves that you can fool some of the people all of the time!

In case you may have noticed, I still get angry with W and his bandit congress.

I guess that every once in a while I will have to speak out and let the chips fall where they may.

Deacon Harry





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?