Friday, March 03, 2006

 

Why I haven't been posting.

The last few weeks have been very stressful for me. My job is about to reach a critical point and I may be unemployed.

About 3 years ago the security company I work for was bought out by a Hugh corporation. In fact they are about #50 in the Fortune 500.
That was the start. We had thought that the upper management left something to be desired before. We didn't know how bad it could get.

The management now only cares about formulas and the magic "ratios."
If income is at a certain level the expenses must be at a certain level.
This isn't bad if you increase income to reach your goals.
But our management cuts expenses to reach their goals. Even though it only serves to cut income soon because of poor customer service.
We are loosing customers at a tremendous rate.

I run the service department and poor service goes against everything I am trained to deliver.
Now it would appear that they are about to eliminate me by putting me in an impossible position.

I necessitated a company vehicle as part of my pay package because we were too far apart on pay scale and the free car is a tremendous perk. I consider it to be about $4.00 per hour in today's economy
.
The lease is running out on the car I have been driving and I have been told, but not by upper management yet, that they are not going to furnish a car any longer.
It is not official, but it seems that they don't think I can do anything but stay because of my age. Or, if I leave, they hope that they can find someone to do my work for less.

So, I am stressed out. Because my very old pickup is on its last legs I am now car hunting.

I must have reliable transportation for my next job, which will most likely not include a car in the compensation package.
I have heard that a car allowance my be negotiated, which may help, and I really expect to make up the $4 per hour in my pay package..

But, I am 61 years old. I have a real good insurance package and other perks.

It also is scary to be unemployed at my age . I have not been without a source of income for over 25 years!

So, now you know why I haven't been posting. I am so burned out when I come home that all I want to do is vegitate and sleep.

P.S. If you are in the car business and have some great deals let me know. If you are in the electronic security industry and need a service manager or a customer service or tech support person let me know.

Deacon Harry





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?