Saturday, March 18, 2006

 

The Element and the elements.

Its raining thank God. The lakes around our home are the lowest I can remember. There is a long bridge near us in Little Elm. Off to the side is a park with a boat ramp and pier. Usually this time of year the deck of the pier is underwater by about a foot.
This year the whole pier is almost dry down to the bottom of the legs. The water looks to be down by 20 feet or more.
We are on a privately owned well water system where we live and I am very much afraid that we will be without water before the summer is over.
The rain today is nice, but it would take at least a month of days with 3 inches or more of rain to save us.
Meanwhile the Texas panhandle burns, and a man I talked to recently in Ontario Canada said that this was the least snow winter in the entire time they have kept records. There have been a lot of bad hurricanes the last couple of years, and nature is going nuts.
I do realize that these thing go in cycles, but I think there is more to it than that.Global Warming? I don't know, but I am worried about it.
meanwhile when my company comes from Florida to go camping, we wont be able to build campfires because of the danger. These rains like we are having today just soak in and don't really make enough difference.

We went out today and sold cans. Dan has been crushing cans and storing them under our doubled for about 18 months. Today we took the back seats out of the new Element and put a tarp inside then we filled the back up with cans and drove into Dallas and sold them. $55 for a load and we have enough cans still waiting to make 2 more trips.
I am learning to balance the great audio system in the Honda and it really rocks.
I love the sub woofer. and the XM satellite radio is cool.
I love the Nascar channel, the 24 hour a day weather and traffic of the DFW Metroplex, and all the great Jazz and Christian music, all without commercials!
I really thought that in buying the Element that I would be giving up a lot of performance, but was I ever wrong. Every time I look at the speedometer I am do 80! I also continue to be the first away from the light, the same as I always have.
I am really looking forward to taking it out in the woods for an evening in nature. Its a natural!
I am also looking forward to bicycling again. I now have a way to get my recumbent out to the good country roads again.
I know they Element is funky looking, but it is the Swiss army knife of vehicles! It really corners well, not at all like a top heavy box.
All in all I guess you could say that I love it. My only compliant is that all the washable floors and upholstery make it have a bit of an echo inside, i took some time to tweak the audio properly to make it sound good.
Todfay i ordered some carpeted full floor mats with plush pile 1/2 inch think which I believe will nake sound great. Bear in mind though that most people wpould never hear what bothers me.
Not unless you are really into sound!
Mor later, its time to go otu and eat. We are going to try a Mediterrain place in Frisco. new food is always a treat.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?