Monday, January 30, 2006

 

What Makes A Church Work pt 1

Yesterday was the annual congregational business meeting of my church. As senior deacon I had to give a report, naturally,and writing it made me think about the difference in some churches.
My previous church was ok most of the time , I suppose. The church I call home now, is a totally different experience.
So, what makes a church work? I thought I'd mention a few things. This may take more than one post to cover.
Our Pastoral staff is terrific, the sermons are generally very good, our music is better than average.
Overall, we really go out of our way to welcome new visitors, we ask everyone to register in an attendance book and send welcoming cards to all first timers.
In otherwords, we do all the right things to make people feel welcome.
But other churches do that too.
What makes this church different is that we pray withe the individuals more than most, and primarily, we always keep Christ first. We really make an effort ro encourage the Chrisitan growth of the individual. All members of our church are encouraged to find their own special "ministry" for Christ. Everyone is involved.
Keeping Christ first is the biggest difference in this church and all the others I have attended.
More later, I have to get ready for work.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?