Wednesday, December 21, 2005

 

A Threat To Your Freedom

I have had little time to write anything of substance lately, but I am working an something so big that I am trying to decide whether it belongs on this blog or if deserves its own special site. In fact lately I have thought about doing 2 blogs, one of politics and one of more of a Christian and philosophical nature . I think that for now I will stick with one, at least until I learn HTML editing better and learn to make my blog look and feel the way I would like.
But while I am working on the big post I will still continue to post things which catch my attention.
First, I want to mention that Bush has really infuriated me with his total disregard for peoples rights. What he wants in the way of powers sounds very dangerous and Un-American to me. I suppose that I could be considered to be worthy of privacy invasion because I disagree with him.
I have heard that some are calling for his impeachment because of the unconstitutional practices that he has already authorized. I agree completely.
Now the Center for Disease Controll (CDC) is attempting to implement a the new "Program Evaluation and Monitoring System, (PEMS)
Among other things these regulations require that local programs which recieve federal funding must provide the CDC with information including the sex lives and partners of every client.
The CommunityHIV/AIDS Mobilization Project (Champ) a national advocacy group says that this coul lead people to not deal truthfully with the agencies and perhaps decieve them I could mean that many people will not acess services from these agencies. It could lead the understaffed agencies to become interrorgators.
They also note that abstinence-only programs are barely monitored and are getting funding increases "despite no evidence that thay prevent HIV and much documentation that they do spread misinformation."
We the people most involved in the fight against HIV /AIDS need to speak out, in fact shout out, that these new guidelines need to be reversed befor they cause many more peple to loose their privacy and their lives.
I encourage you to write, call or e-mail you representatives, the president, and the press, about this threat. Deacon Harry





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?