Thursday, December 15, 2005

 

A Political Statement

I'm sure some of you have noticed the counter for the actual financial expense of the war in Iraq. I'm sure that you must have concluded that I am against the war.
Although 911 was a dark day in American history I have always had a lot of misgivings about attacking Iraq. The bad intelligence (was it bad or was Bush being told what he wanted to hear), and all the patriotic hype not withstanding, my inner thoughts have always been that MY United States, the country I love and believe in does not declare unprovoked war on other countries. That is contrary to everything that I believe this country stands for. I don't know that I am a Michael Moore follower but there may be some truth in his theories.
The Patriot Act, although it was cloaked in being necessary to fight terrorism,was really an attack on our basic human rights as Americans.
The counter only shows the economic expense of the war, but how about the expense in human life?
The simple fact is that today after all this time and all these losses we are not 1 bit closer to capturing those behind 911.
I can't believe that Bush could ever condone cruel torture of prisoners. It is a violation of all human decency.
What has this man done to my country? I served in the Army, Dan served in the Army and the Marines. I would still defend the country I love to the death, but Bush is making it hard to recognize my country.
I am sure that some people would brand me as a traitor for voicing my opinion, but most of those same people would also say that I am a pervert and doomed to hell. They are wrong on both counts, and I don't care what they think. I also want to say that I do support our troops. I want them alive and home.It's only their commander in chief I don't support.
I will not likely live long enough to see the full story myself, but if you are alive in 2025, remember this simple blog and see if my prediction isn't true.
I believe that history will record that George W Bush was the worst president in the history of the U.S.. It will take years for our country to overcome the legacy that he and his fundamentalist followers are setting loose. Deacon Harry

p.s. sorry, but something earlier this evening made me want to vent. I am normally more concerned with GLBT rights. But, this my blog, and at least you know where I am coming from.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?