Saturday, December 03, 2005

 
Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas?
I have seen several things in last few days about Target saying "Holiday" rather than Christmas" in their ads. ( a lot of merchants are doing this in the current age of being politically correct) A dear friend and one of my former pastors recently forwarded an e-mail to me.
It originated with the American Family Association. A fundamentalist group which says that Gays can be "cured" and many other things that are pure Hog-Wash.(More about the AFA and others in a later post.)Be sure to check out the part of their site labeled the Homosexual Agenda.
http://www.afa.net
I couldn"t help myself, I had to reply.
I told him who the AFA is and about their stand on human rights and other things and I told him that their position was most likely to encourage me to run to Target and buy something .
I did point out however that on the way in to the store I would not put anything into the Salvation Army Santa's Kettle.
It seems that after Katrina I read that the Salvation Army was taking a stance that gay couples, even with kids, were not a family and they would not support giving them aid. This was even to the point that several groups collecting from GLBT individuals to aid victims were not funneling any funds to them. The groups preferred to give to the American Red Cross because they did not care about the gender or sexual preference of those they help. Thank you American Red Cross! That will always be my position on giving aid.
As a Christian I try to give generously to help others in need, but I am very selective of the way in which my money is being distributed.
Tomorrow is Sunday...Dont forget Church! God Bless ...Deacon Harry





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?